WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT
- Expect... to find a warm welcome - we are thankful you have chosen to gather with us and we want you to feel at home here.
- Expect... to be accepted and loved - as our slogan says, "we are a gathering of imperfect people..." Everyone is welcome, regardless of your past, your background, weaknesses, or faults.
- Expect... to relax and be yourself - we want you to feel comfortable. You don't have to dress up to fit in, and you don't have to have any knowledge of the Bible to understand what we're talking about. We welcome questions, struggles, and doubts.
- Expect... to hear upbeat and celebratory music - we believe music is powerful and should help us become more aware of God's presence, power, and love.
- Expect... to hear interesting and relevant messages - the Bible is God's word to us for today. Whatever you might be struggling with, or whatever questions you are asking, God has something to say about it. We believe the Bible should be taught in a way that is interesting and practical.
- Expect... to be challenged - one of our favorite sayings is, "God loves you just the way you are, but He loves you too much to let you stay that way!" One of God's purposes for us is growth and transformation. Gathering with others to worship and hear from Him provides an opportunity for that to take place.
- Expect... to build meaningful friendships that will last a lifetime - the "church" is people, not a place. Much of God's work in our lives happens in the context of relationships.
- Expect... to encounter God in a life-changing way - you are welcome to bring your struggles, doubts, questions, hurts, and baggage with you. God can handle it and He offers healing, hope, and direction for those who seek Him.
Lead Pastor: Dave Hunter
Dave Hunter is the founding pastor of The Encounter Church in Bainbridge, where he and his family have lived for the past eleven years. He and his wife have been married for 32 years and have a daughter named Kaylee. Dave served as a Pastor with the Christian & Missionary Alliance for 18 years, focusing on practical and relevant teaching, helping people grow in their faith, and providing Biblical counseling. Dave also served as a chapel speaker at Remuda Ranch Treatment Center and Spiritual Advisor at Rosewood Treatment Center in Wickenburg, Arizona. In 2008 Dave and his family moved from Arizona to Pennsylvania where he completed his Master’s degree in Marriage & Family Counseling. Since that time Dave worked as a Counselor for Family Resource and Counseling Centers in Lancaster and Gap, and a Mobile Therapist for Philhaven. Dave is passionate about helping people connect with God in life-changing ways. The driving purpose of his ministry is to see people saved, set free, strengthened in their faith, and sent out to serve others.
Secretary: Jackie Heisey
Hello, my name is Jackie! I live in Bainbridge with my husband Steve and four children; Noah, Brooklynn, Ryder & Lainey. I became a member of The Encounter Church in 2018 as I was going through a difficult time. This church truly changed my outlook on life. Since then I have accepted God into my heart, was able to watch Steve accept God and together we both got baptized. My children are also growing in their faith! After sometime I was blessed with the opportunity to serve as the church secretary. I look forward to what's to come and seeing God work in other's as he worked in my life. When I am not at the church I enjoy spending time with my hubby & kiddos!
Assistant Pastor: Jerry Hunter
Pastor Jerry and Lois Hunter have served churches of The Christian and Missionary Alliance for 59 and a half year in Canada, Florida and Pennsylvania. They have 2 sons, Don who lives with his wife Julie and daughter Bethany, living in St.Mary’s, PA. All three work at the Dairy Queen with Don being the manager as well as being a chaplain for Hospice. Dave who is the founding and lead pastor of The Encounter Church in Bainbridge, PA. Dave is married to Sheila and they have a daughter, KayLee. Pastor Jerry and Lois now serve as the Assistant Pastor of the Encounter Church, ministering primarily to the senior members.
The Gathering Youth Group Leaders: Scott & Liz Crum
We are the Crum family, Scott, Liz, Stephen and Noah. We started coming to The Encounter in September of 2018 and come January 2019 made it our new church home. By March of 2019, Scott helped put together The Gathering youth group. Both Scott and Liz were excited to get involved with the youth of the church and are having fun growing, learning and laughing with them. By 2020, the Kids Encounter youth started and has been growing ever since.